Part-time position (20 hours per week)
Start date: March 1, 2017
The Finance Assistant supports the Finance and Human Resources efforts of Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland, Inc. (RMH). The Finance Assistant's hours follow a general business office schedule, with flexibility to attend evening meetings and/or events as needed.
The Finance Assistant reports directly to the Director of Finance and Human Resources.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting the Director of Finance and Human Resources in the following areas:
- Assist in maintaining complete, accurate and timely financial records including, but not limited to: documentation and reconciliation of cash receipts; preparation of cash disbursements including check preparation and distribution (using the QuickBooks software system); general ledger; tax records; documentation of in-kind donations of goods and services and documentation of capital expenses (as needed). Assure all supporting documentation is properly filed.
- Monitor and follow up on accounts receivable and pledges receivable.
- Assist in timely preparation of monthly financial statements (20th of the following month), as well as additional financial reports as required by Treasurer, Executive Director and Development Director.
- Assist in timely and efficient preparation and distribution of annual 1099's, Audited Financial Statement and Form 990.
- Assist in the annual and monthly budget process.
- Transport weekly cash bank deposits to the bank.
- Provide bookkeeping support and attend fundraising events as needed.
- Reconcile Family Room supply order forms and maintain Family Room expense budget worksheets including work study student timesheet reconciliation.
- Assist with staff onboarding (background checks, motor vehicle checks, creating swipe cards, ensuring paperwork is complete, etc.)
- Maintain staff directory and phone roster lists.
- Verify timesheets for hourly employees are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide backup phone assistance as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining organizational policies and policy manuals as requested.
- Provide support to Finance and Audit Committees, Investment Subcommittee, and Human Resources Task Force including attending meetings and taking minutes as requested.
- Execute other responsibilities as requested by the Director of Finance and Human Resources and/or Executive Director.