2017-18 RedTreehouse.org Law and Advocacy Resource Project
Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland (RMH) is seeking law students (or recent law school graduates) to support an Ohio State Bar Foundation grant-funded project to enhance law and advocacy resources for the statewide website, RedTreehouse.org. The website is a collaborative program of RMH and Ohio Family and Children First (OFCF).
RedTreehouse.org is an online tool supporting the development and well-being of Ohio children and young adults, prenatal to age 25. It empowers families, particularly parents and caregivers of children with health or special needs, by connecting them to needed information and support networks in their communities. The goal of the proposed project is to update and expand the legal and advocacy resources and education provided in order to serve more families, more effectively.
Description of duties:
Under the direction of the Red Treehouse Program Manager:
- Review current website legal resources for accuracy and quality, updating as needed
- Identify gaps in legal resources by region, topic, format and needs
- Research new legal resources, organizations, and events to fill noted gaps
- Assist in the development of educational content (blog posts, e-news articles, webinars) on timely legal and advocacy topics of importance to users
- Successful completion of a minimum of one year in an accredited School of Law
- Successful completion of first –year legal writing coursework
- Excellent written communication skills
- Commitment to quality standards, including consistent attention to detail
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with MS Office products (particularly Word and Excel), internet search tools and database software
- Experience writing for non-academic / general public audiences is a plus
- Interest in law and advocacy issues pertaining to children and families, physical/mental health, special needs, disability, education, and/or juvenile justice preferred.
- Part-time, temporary (grant-funded), with a stipend of $15 per hour
- 12 to 15 hours per week for a minimum of one (1) semester (approximately 16-17 weeks); continuation for two (2) semesters (approximately 34 weeks) preferred
- Flexible schedule, to be determined based on student availability and project needs
- Primary location: Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland at 10415 Euclid Ave; Cleveland, OH 44106; remote work may be arranged at the discretion of the Program Manager
- Resume and cover letter
- Names, titles, and contact information for three (3) professional/academic references
- Optional: writing sample
Apply to Jeanine Carroll, Red Treehouse Program Manager, via email or regular mail at: Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland, 10415 Euclid Ave. Cleveland, OH 44106.