Outreach Coordinator - Permanent Part-time
Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland, Inc., a nonprofit organization, supports families whose children receive treatment at area medical centers by providing a home-like environment and essential resources and services. We serve more than 100,000 individuals through our 55-room House, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at four area medical centers, and online resource for Ohio families, RedTreehouse.org.
Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland, Inc. ("RMH”) is currently seeking to fill a newly created position for a permanent part-time Outreach Coordinator (20 hours per week), which will be primarily responsible for recruiting volunteers to support the successful operation of the Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland, Inc. ("RMH”) as well supporting the needs of the RedTreehouse.org website.
The Outreach Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Marketing & Outreach to advance the mission of RMH in a manner consistent with the excellent quality of services provided to families in crisis since 1979. In addition, this position will also support the Red Treehouse Program Manager with promotion and management of the RedTreehouse.org website.
The Outreach Coordinator interfaces and communicates with the House Volunteer Manager and Family Room Coordinators to ensure guest needs are being met, focusing on operational priorities and all areas involving volunteers.
In the spirit of teamwork, the Outreach Coordinator will interact in collaboration with RMH staff and volunteers to provide support and assistance in the fulfillment of their goals and objectives.
Volunteer Outreach Responsibilities
- Lead volunteer recruitment efforts for all volunteers (House, Kitchen, Garden, Van, Maintenance, Housekeeping, Groups, Family Rooms, Speaker’s Bureau, and other volunteer programs).
- Conduct initial screening of volunteers.
- Prepare and update training materials in consultation with House Volunteer Manager and Family Room Coordinators.
- Plan and implement the volunteer orientation and ongoing training program to ensure there is a cohesive and orderly onboarding process for all volunteers.
- Organize and coordinate volunteer activities (luncheons, potluck, seminars) in consultation with Family Room Coordinators and House Volunteer Manager.
- Coordinate volunteer recognition efforts with input from the Family Room Coordinators and House Volunteer Manager.
- Supply volunteers to help with projects and events benefiting RMH.
Red Treehouse Responsibilities
- Assist with outreach to promote use of the Red Treehouse website (e.g., representation at events, digital marketing, communication with prospects and users).
- Assist with curation and input of website directory content and management of e-mail lists.
- Assist in preparation of meeting/event materials, registration and other duties as requested.
- Maintain and update all volunteer personnel records, including background checks and database files.
- Provide community outreach to benefit RMH programs and social media support in coordination with the Communications Coordinator.
- Manage Speaker’s Bureau.
- Participate on the Family and Volunteer Engagement Committee. Participate on other committees as requested.
- Conduct tours of RMH.
- Serve as a member of the Speaker’s Bureau.
- Assist with public relations and fund development activities as requested.
- Participate in outside organizations that will benefit RMH.
- Perform other duties related to House business as assigned.
- Minimum of a college degree and/or 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with all MS Office products and database software.
- Previous experience working effectively with volunteers.
- Ability to initiate and maintain relationships inside and outside RMH (staff, volunteers, families, board and committee members, vendors, community representatives, etc.) to advance organizational goals.
- Permanent/part time – 20 hours per week
- Flexibility with hours in order to accommodate weekend events as needed.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Use of own vehicle with minimum insurance coverage of: liability coverage $100,000/person and $300,000/occurrence and $100,000 property damage; or $300,000 combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage.
Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland, Inc. is located at 10415 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH44106. Free on-site parking, PTO & Holiday Pay, and 401k eligibility are offered for this permanent part-time position.
Send resume and cover letter to Phyllis Lahl for consideration.