Teens Who Serve - High School Volunteer Program
The Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland’s Teens Who Serve Program exists to provide area teenagers the opportunity to earn service hours while exposing them to the mission and vision of the Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland. During the summer, participants have the option to join our Summer of Service Program and earn 20 hours of service.
Summer of Service Participation Requirements
- Age 16 or older by May 1, 2017
- In good standing at school
- No drug or alcohol use and no profanity or inappropriate behavior
- Attend all service activities with safe, reliable, and on-time transportation to and from activities
- Cost to participate is $30.00 per person. This is a non-refundable program fee which will go toward the purchase of supplies for program service events, participant t-shirt, etc.
Summer of Service Program Commitments
- Attend mandatory orientation on Sunday, June 11, 2-3:30 pm. Orientation is mandatory. If you cannot attend orientation, you will not be able to participate in the 2017 RMH Summer of Service Program. Parents are invited and encouraged to attend and participate in the Program Orientation.
- Attend all service events which will take place on the dates below in order to complete a minimum on 20 hours of service. Scheduled events total 23 hours. Participant may miss no more than three service hours to still complete the full 20 required hours. Participants may schedule a make-up service time for no more than one missed event.
- Monday, June 12, 6:30-8 pm
- Thursday, June 15, 10 am-1 pm
- Thursday, June 22, 3-6 pm
- Tuesday, June 27, 6:30-8 pm
- Saturday, July 8 – At least one shift between 8 am-2 pm. This is a mandatory event & cannot be made up for absences.
- Tuesday, July 11, 10 am-2 pm
- Monday, July 17, 10 am-2 pm
- Friday, July 28, 10 am-1 pm
A large part of volunteering is commitment. If you are accepted into this program, we expect to see you at all of our events! No call/no shows will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion from the program.
Summer of Service Application Information
Download the full application packet with instructions can be found below. Applications must also include two recommendation forms. Applications are due by Friday, May 19 at 5 pm.
Mail completed applications to:
Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland
ATTN: RMH Summer of Service / Jennifer Sinisgalli
10415 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106-4709