There is a saying that is often used in the Ronald McDonald House "global community." It goes like this:
This is the House that provides the home that cooks the meals that sleeps the people that dries the tears. This is the House that love built.
There isn't a better way to put it - and thus we've named our blog "Stories from the House that Love Built."
One of my favorite things about RMH is how many different hearts, hands and lives touch our organization:
- The Families: the mission of our House - families that come to us in the most difficult moment of their lives, they look to us for shelter, comfort, support and hope.
- The Volunteers: the heart of our House - amazing men, women and groups who give of their time, treasures and talent without ever asking for anything in return.
- The Staff: the brainpower of our House - hardworking individuals who inspire me on a daily basis to do my absolute best for our mission.
- The Donors: the life-blood of our House - without support from extremely generous individuals, we could never accomplish our goals or keep our doors open.
- The Community: the extension of our House - we have the best neighbors, from the Hospitals we partner with to the corporations who sponsor us, to the exciting things happening in Cleveland, we are grateful to be a part of it.
So join me, and other guest bloggers as we share stories that will touch your heart from the House that love built. I am excited to bring you on the journey!
-Samantha, Marketing & Communications Manager
Posted on Thu, September 15, 2011
by Samantha filed under