Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland, Inc. ("RMH”) is currently seeking to fill a permanent full-time role for a Development Coordinator to support the development efforts of the Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland, Inc. ("RMH"). The Development Coordinator's hours follow a general business office schedule, with flexibility required to attend evening or weekend meetings and/or events as needed. The Development Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Development. He/She advances the mission of RMH in a manner consistent with the excellent quality of services provided to families in crisis since 1979. In the spirit of teamwork, the Development Coordinator will interact in collaboration with RMH staff and volunteers to provide support and assistance in the fulfillment of their goals and objectives.
- Build and maintain prospect, volunteer, and donor database, keeping all confidential development-related files and records including those of prospects and donors.
- Assist with donor prospect identification and conduct prospect research as requested.
- Manage the receiving and coding of all gifts and pledges and assist in preparing appropriate acknowledgement with oversight from the Database Manager. Strive for best practices in recording gifts accurately.
- Prepare and edit development-related reports, agendas, minutes, schedules, etc., and assemble materials for meetings.
- Lead donor recognition activities including thank you phone calls and note writing activities and assist with donor reception events. This includes managing the volunteers.
- Lead Third-Party Events including scheduling, event communication, and follow-up.
- Organize and track Room Sponsor activity including, but not limited to, preparing thank you notes, renewal letters, invoices, etc. with oversight from the Development Director.
- Maintain, process, and record donations from all donor-giving websites (United Way, American Express, etc.) and Matching Gifts, ensuring that proper coding is provided to the Director of Finance and Human Resources.
- Assist Development Director with all aspects of Development initiatives including but not limited to: Major Gifts, Planned Giving, and Donor Relations.
- Assist the Events Manager with committee correspondence and meeting notes.
- Assist the Events Manager with pre-event, day of preparation, and post-event activities, such as RSVPs, ticket tracking, acknowledgements, auction prep, etc.
- Arrange and attend (as requested) all development-related meetings and document proceedings.
- Assist the development staff with fund development and event efforts as requested.
- Assist as a backup with answering phones and other office duties as requested.
- Sort incoming mail and provide proper coding for donations.
- Conduct tours of RMH as needed.
- Assist with public relations and fund development activities as requested.
- Manage volunteer projects for the development team, which may include assembling information packets, making phone calls, writing letters, etc.
- Perform other duties related to House business as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a non-profit, related field.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with all MS Office products.
- Solid understanding of the principles of database management.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
This position has some physical demands that include:
- Sitting, viewing computer monitors, and utilizing a computer keyboard.
- Valid driver's license
- Reliable transportation.
- Some lifting and carrying required.
Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland, Inc. is located at 10415 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH44106. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, 401K, PTO & holiday pay, and free onsite parking for this permanent position.
To apply, send your resume to Phyllis Lahl.