Group Partnership Coordinator – Permanent Part-time
Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland, Inc., a nonprofit organization, supports families whose children receive treatment at area medical centers by providing a home-like environment and essential resources and services. We serve more than 108,000 individuals through our 55-room House, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at four area medical centers, and online resource for Ohio families, RedTreeHouse.org.
Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland, Inc. ("RMH”) is currently seeking to fill a permanent part-time Group Partnership Coordinator role. This position will require 28 hours per week, core hours of Monday-Friday from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (additional 3 hours flexible and/or as needed) and will be primarily responsible for recruitment, scheduling and supervision of group volunteer activities for Ronald McDonald House and the Ronald McDonald Family Rooms.
The Group Partnership Coordinator reports directly to the House Volunteer Manager working to advance the mission of the Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland, Inc. ("RMH") in a manner consistent with the excellent quality of services provided to families in crisis since 1979.
In the spirit of teamwork, the Group Partnership Coordinator collaborates with RMH staff and volunteers to provide support and assistance in the fulfillment of their goals and objectives.
GROUP VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit and schedule volunteer groups to perform services both inside and outside of RMH and at the Family Rooms, per established goals. Greet and orient these groups, directing them in their tasks.
- Work with the House Volunteer Manager to identify potential projects to be completed by groups or other volunteers, both inside and outside of RMH and at the Family Rooms. Communicate with the Family Room Coordinators, Events Manager, Facility Operations Manager, and other staff to determine their current volunteer needs.
- Work with the House Volunteer Manager to supply volunteers to help with projects and events benefiting RMH, as requested.
- Work with the Facility Operations Manager to coordinate meal options in advance for days when groups are not available through managing frozen inventory, leftovers, or ordering food when needed.
- Conduct follow-up calls and electronic communications with volunteer groups and offer additional engagement opportunities. Continue to nurture community groups and refer them to the House Volunteer Manager and/or Development Director when appropriate.
- Create and maintain a comfortable environment that encourages family cooperation and a home-like atmosphere. Show hospitality and respect to all guests and provide emotional and psychological support when needed.
- Work with other staff members to plan and coordinate special events in and around RMH, such as family meals, parent activities, and children's programs.
- Assist House Volunteer Manager to recruit, train and direct Group Partnership Assistants which includes, but is not limited to, leading ongoing training, scheduling weekend coverage of Group Partnership Assistants, and communicating specific projects/tasks.
- Assist House Volunteer Manager to train and direct group host volunteers to help/host volunteer groups when they are at Ronald McDonald preparing a meal or doing an activity.
- Prepare notes for Group Partnership Assistant, Guest Services Associates, and group host volunteers with information about scheduled groups/activities.
- Ensure that all volunteer groups are acknowledged in a timely basis for their service.
- Work with the Database Manager to ensure accurate, timely input of all volunteer groups and their service into the donor database.
- Maintain Group Activities Calendar in Outlook, or current software in use, and upload updates to digital activity display and website calendar.
- Ensure weekly “House Happenings” list of House activities is prepared for families.
- Prepare reports and statistics as requested regarding volunteer groups.
- Contribute to various House newsletters as requested.
- Conduct tours of RMH.
- Participate on RMH committees as requested.
- Assist with external events (such as tabling events, activity/volunteer fairs, corporate events, etc.) and House activities/events as requested.
- Perform other duties related to RMH business as assigned.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree and/or 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with all MS Office products and database software.
- Previous experience working effectively with volunteers is a major plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Use of own vehicle with minimum insurance coverage of: liability coverage $100,000/person and $300,000/occurrence and $100,000 property damage; or $300,000 combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage.
Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland, Inc. is located at 10415 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH44106. Free on-site parking, PTO & Holiday Pay, and 401k eligibility are offered for this permanent part-time position.
Email resume to Phyllis Lahl for consideration.