House Program Assistant
The House Program Assistant supports the program efforts of the Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland, Inc. ("RMH"). The House Program Assistant hours are determined in accordance to business needs, with flexibility to attend evening meetings and/or events as needed.
The House Program Assistant reports directly to the Director of House Program Operations. He/She advances the mission of RMH in a manner consistent with the excellent quality of services provided to families in crisis since 1979.
In the spirit of teamwork, the House Program Assistant interacts in collaboration with RMH staff and volunteers to provide support and assistance in the fulfillment of their goals and objectives.
- Assist the Director of House Program Operations, House Volunteer Manager, Guest Services Coordinator, Group Partnership Coordinator and other staff as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, typing, copying, data entry, running reports, filing, restocking supplies, answering phones, sending correspondence, and other duties as requested.
- Assist with guest services activities such as:
- Helping volunteers at the front desk
- Checking and prepping guest rooms
- Updating Welcome Books in the guest rooms
- Updating alternative housing list
- Organizing donations for families
- Assist with processing background checks.
- Assist volunteers with greeting and accepting donations at the front desk.
- Respond to phone calls requesting program information.
- Assist with group volunteers when requested.
- Assist Group Partnership Coordinator with data entry of group volunteer service.
- Assist Group Partnership Coordinator with acknowledging group volunteers.
- Assist House Volunteer Manager with preparing training materials.
- Attend meetings and take minutes, as requested.
- Conduct tours of RMH as needed.
- Assist with collecting family stories and photos for marketing and development purposes.
- Assist with public relations and fund development activities as requested.
- Perform other duties related to RMH business as assigned.
- Proactively identifies and assists the Director of House Program Operations to drive and communicate organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands and internal initiatives.
- Self-directed and able to successfully complete projects assigned with a minimum of supervision.
- Dedicates required time and energy to assignments or tasks to ensure that no aspect of the work is neglected. Works to overcome obstacles to completing tasks or assignments.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds.
- Aligns personal goals and objectives to the strategic and operational goals of the organization.
- Helps create a working environment where people can realize their potential by anticipating needs, taking initiative and contributing her/his valued experience. Stretches self.
- Sets standards for excellence.
- Establishes criteria and/or work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity, and/or service. Dedicates required time and energy to assignments or tasks to ensure that no aspect of the work is neglected.
- Decisive, problem solves, and works to overcome obstacles to completing tasks or assignments.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, meet frequent deadlines, and be self-disciplined.
- Initiates and maintains relationships with stakeholders inside and outside RMH (staff, volunteers, families, board and committee members, community representatives, etc.) to advance organizational goals.
- Initiates collaborative relationships with key volunteers and business stakeholders. Cultivates an active network of those with the knowledge and influence to advance goals.
- Offers valuable information and resources to RMH team, volunteers and community partners to create win-win outcomes.
- General bookkeeping responsibility.
- Ability to understand financials to make sound decisions when purchasing supplies or items needed for RMH.
- Keep a financial perspective in the forefront when making day-to-day decisions.
- Commits to the short and long-term organizational direction for programs and services activities led by the Director of House Program Operations.
- Generates options to help the house program team achieve a long-range goal or vision. Helps identify strengths, gaps and solutions to the short and long-term strategic goals.
- Recognizes when and what additional information is needed to assist the Director of House Program Operations and RMH team. Pursues required information by asking relevant questions and verifying assumptions. Analyzes qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to work in a flexible, team oriented environment. Seeks and uses input from diverse sources to generate alternative approaches. Takes action to improve.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with all MS Office products and database software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- This position has some physical demands that include:
- Sitting, viewing computer monitors, and utilizing a computer keyboard.
- Standing for House functions.
- Reliable transportation.
- Some lifting and carrying required.
The above information in this description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this level of responsibility. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this job.
To apply, send your resume to Phyllis Lahl.