The following rules have been established in order to provide a safe, clean and enjoyable atmosphere for all of our guests. Violation of any of these rules may result in immediate eviction from the Ronald McDonald House (“House”) or the inability to stay in the House again.
- Substance Abuse: The use of alcohol or illegal drugs is strictly prohibited in or around the House. Violation of this policy will result in immediate eviction! Anyone under the influence (as determined at the sole discretion of the House) will be evicted immediately.
- Weapons: Weapons are strictly prohibited in or around the House. Violation of this policy will result in immediate eviction.
- Food: All eating must be confined to the kitchen. Eating is not permitted in the guest rooms.
- Smoking: Smoking is permitted only on the circular patio across the back parking lot, per State law. Smoking in undesignated areas or tampering with smoke detectors or fire alarms will result in immediate eviction!
- Security: DO NOT open any outside doors to anyone other than your own family. Please report any suspicious activities immediately to the front desk.
- Occupancy: Room occupancy is limited to four people. Room must be utilized daily, and families must be involved in the patient’s care at the hospital daily (for inpatients). All overnight guests must be registered in the office and pass a background check (if age 18 or older). Visitors are permitted 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. only and must sign the visitor’s log at the front desk. All patients (regardless of age) staying at the House must be accompanied by a related adult, guardian, or caregiver over the age of 18.
- Children: Children (under age 18) must be supervised at all times by an adult (over 18). Children 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the Family Resource Center (computer lab).
- Child Abuse: Child abuse will be reported to the proper authorities, and may result in eviction from the House. In addition, the House is a “no hitting” zone.
- Cleaning: Families are responsible for cleaning their own rooms, dishes and laundry, and for keeping the common areas, especially the kitchen, in order. Families must clean their rooms prior to checkout. Lack of cleanliness may result in eviction or the inability to stay again.
- Parking/Exits: You may have a maximum of one vehicle per guest room. Cars must be registered with the front desk, and families may park only in the secured/gated back lot. Do not use emergency exits in non-emergency situations.
- Misconduct: Disruptive behavior or general misconduct (as determined at the sole discretion of the House) is prohibited. “Quiet hours” are 9 pm to 8 am daily.
- Harassment: Harassment of guests or staff is strictly prohibited. Any act of harassment will be reported to the police and result in immediate eviction. If you are subject to any harassment, please contact the front desk.
- Pets: Pets are strictly prohibited in or around the House.
- Patient Referral Forms: A completed Patient Referral Form (PRF) signed by your medical provider must be turned in to the registration office within 48 hours of your arrival.
- Other Prohibited Items: Latex balloons, candles/flames, and toy weapons (guns, bows and arrows, swords, etc.) are not permitted in the House.
Note: The House staff reserves the right to enter any guest room to perform routine or emergency maintenance, or for any other reason. The House reserves the right to deny entrance to any guest. Exceptions to these rules must be approved in advance by House staff.